Re: NO_YP_LIBC breaks 5.3-BETA buildworld

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:38:41 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Eirik Øverby wrote:

Hi,

> For some time I've been wanting to use NO_YP_LIBC with buildworld for
> my jails, to enable NIS on the host system but keep the jails
> functioning.
>
> I noticed back in August that a patch was submitted to make this work
> on then-CURRENT (I'm copying the author on this one, hoping I'm not
> acting inappropriately by doing so):
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2004-August/002550.html
>
> Sadly, when compiling 5.3-BETA (as of 30 minutes ago), buildworld gives
> me the following errors:
> This feature would be very useful, and it is sad to see that it has
> once been in the tree but that it does not work any longer.
>
> Here's to hoping someone can look into it (Bjoern, are you reading
> this? ;)

the patch had not yet been committed because of some people had asked
me to hold back the work until other major things that really had been
needed for RELENG_5/5.3 would have been done.

Now, I will need at least another week to catch up with all the things
(mostly bind import) that have changed (I will be short of time till
at least wed or thu).

NO_YP_LIBC will then be changed to NO_NIS.

I will post a patch for current and RELENG_5 here resp. on stable_at_ once
I have verified everything works well. I will also update bin/68303
at that time.

You will not find this feature in 5.3 but the upcoming patch for
RELENG_5 should help and should be available around release time.

I hope that's ok for you.

--
Greetings