Re: "panic: spin lock entropy harvest mutex not in order list"

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 04:26:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Robert Huff wrote:

> 	About 2000 UTC Sunday I cvsuped system source and rebuilt.
> 	"make buildworld" went fine.  (Log available)
> 	"make buildkernel" also good.  (Log also available)
> 	I installed the new kernel and rebooted.
> 	When the system came up, I got:
>
> 	Real memory: XXXXXXXXX
> 	Avail memory: YYYYYYYYY
> 	panic: spin lock entropy harvest mutex not in order list
> 	KDB: enter: panic
> 	[thread 0]
> 	ddb>

When I committed the rewrite of the /dev/random entropy harvesting
locking, I ommitted to commit the change to subr_witness.c telling witness
about the lock change; witness requires that all spin locks be identified
in the hard-coded lock order (although maybe only if witness skipspin is
off, hence more people not running into it?).  I've merged the change to
subr_witness.c as change 1.182 as of a minute or two ago.  Please letme
know if that change doesn't fix the problem.

Thanks!

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research