Re: NDIS/UMA related panic

From: Jochen Gensch <incmc_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:18:24 +0200
> Not sure if it's worth anything, but with a current from yesterday I now
> get panics on boot using ndis. Also, my DWL-G650 card doesn't seem to work
> with the ath driver (rev C card) so... would that UMA patch solve this?

We are havong that discussion on freebsd-mobile as well regarding 3Com
Wireless PC-Cards. Here is my panic message if that helps someone. I had
to type it down, so hopefully there is no mistake in there...
I got this message, when I tried to bring ndis0 up at boot time by
rc.conf with wep enable. I haven't tried an open system, yet. However it
appears when packets are trying to pass the interface.

Fatal trag 12: page fault while in kernel mode
cpuid = 0; apic id =00
fault virtual address = 0x0
fault code = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xe1dbf8f0
frame pointer       = 0x10:0xe1dbf988
code segment        = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                      = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gra 1
processort flags    = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process	    = 195 (ifconfig)
trap number         = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0