Re: ACPI Suspend -> /dev/ums0 dead

From: Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:51:31 +0200
El Martes, 12 de Octubre de 2004 12:35, Jochen Gensch escribió:
> ANISH MISTRY wrote:
> > Well for the psm0 mouse you need to set some flags in your
> > device.hints, I'm not at my laptop right now, but searching the
> > mailling list should turn up an answer. As for the USB mouse you
> > want to check if the USB is still working after resume. If it is
> > then you'll probably just need to restart the moused in your resume
> > scripts.
>
> I'm a bit confused due to the devices. On what device is that
> trackpoint running and which one is used for an usb mouse. The Usb
> mouse works fine after resuming. I tried to restart moused as I
> thouhgt it is responsible for the track point, but that didn't work.
> But it works within sysinstall, but only as long as I stay in
> sysinstall. As soon, as I exit it, the trackpoint is dead again...
>
> Jochen

There isn't mouse 'mux' support in FreeBSD's moused.  You can use only
one.

If you feel better with usb mouse, get in /etc/rc.conf:
-moused_enable="YES"
+usbd_enable="YES"

You can add the 'other' mouse as an aditional pointer to X, but not use
both with moused.

NOTE:  the trackpad/PS2_mouse 'mux' feature is BIOS based, not FreeBSD.

--
  josemi