Re: ACPI Suspend -> /dev/ums0 dead

From: Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:59:33 +0200
El Martes, 12 de Octubre de 2004 13:24, Jochen Gensch escribió:
> Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > There isn't mouse 'mux' support in FreeBSD's moused.  You can use
> > only one.
>
> Sure that is true? I am using both at this moment on the console, so
> no X is runnig. Both with moused. I can activate usb mouse by moused
> -p /dev/ums0 and trackpoint by moused  -p /dev/psm0. Usbd is running,
> too by the way.

I think so.

There's only one /dev/sysmouse that must be gerenated by just one moused
process.

If you have in /etc/rc.conf:
moused_enable="YES"
usbd_enable="YES"

You will have two moused processes and all sort of extrange behavior.
But it may works.

Maybe your BIOS can make the usb and the trackpad 'mux'.  In that case,
you must edit your /etc/usbd.conf and comment out the device 'mouse'

You may also try and specific resume in /etc/rc.resume:
/usr/bin/killall moused
[ -c /dev/psm0 ] && /usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/psm0 \
 -I /var/run/moused.pid
[ -c /dev/ums0 ] && /usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/ums0 \
 -I /var/run/moused.ums0.pid
/usr/sbin/vidcontrol -m on

See also the comments in /etc/rc.suspend, /etc/rc.resume about uhci.
You may need a kernel without usb to make this work.  Also, load your
required usb modules from /etc/loader.conf

--
  josemi