Re: Oct 13 spontaneous reboot

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:31:49 +0300
On 2004-10-13 14:41, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> I had updated my source tree yesterday afternoon and everything worked.
> Today's CURRENT spontaneously reboots every time I try to start firefox.
>
> I have KDB in my kernel config and I can enter the debugger before I
> start X11 with CTRL-ALT-ESC, but when firefox starts the next thing
> that's visible on my screen is the BIOS startup.
>
> I'll try narrowing down this to a specific time since yesterday noon, by
> updating my sources to '2004/10/12 12:00:00 UTC' which was the last
> version I know that worked and move in steps up to today's CURRENT, but
> I just wanted to let everyone know that something seems very broken here.

The kernel as of -D '2004/10/12 12:00:00' works fine.

I have a faint suspicion that these two commits are the cause of the
instant reboots that firefox triggers on uniprocessor machines.  I'm
building a kernel now updated with the sources of:

        -D '2004/10/12 16:47:00'

and revision 1.100 of src/sys/kern/kern_switch.c that phk committed a
few hours later.

- Giorgos