5.3Beta7: creating linker.hints for diskless boot; how?

From: spam maps <spamrefuse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:58:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I have diskless bootup working for 4.X systems.
So I am familiar with the settings for 4.X.

I'm now trying to get diskless bootup set up with
5.3-Beta7. I'm getting as far as the loading
of the kernel via tftp by the diskless PC.
When the kernel is loaded, there's a "....[done]"
and then the diskless PC is waiting for ever.

So I have still forgotten something, probably
a typical 5.X issue.

One could be that I forgot to copy the linker.hints
file, when generating the boot/kernel directory on
the master PC (I only copied the *.ko files and
the kernel).

What am I supposed to do with that file. I have no
idea what linker.hints is for. Should I let the
diskless PC generate it each time at bootup?
If so, how? If not, can I copy this file from the
master PC (is this file different for each system?)

Thanks for help!

Rob.