Re: ufdformat(1) -- format disks in USB floppy drives.

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:34:24 +0200
Hi Bruce,

> I've written a command to format USB floppies. You will need the scsi_da.h
> and umass.c patches recently committed to -CURRENT in order to use it.
> If there is enough demand it can be pushed back into the tree.
>
> It can be found at:
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~bms/dump/ufdformat/
>
> Please try it out and let me know your thoughts.

In which way does ufdformat(1) differs from fdformat(1) ?  I mean
I feel quite counter-intuitive to have two differents commands to
finally achieve the same thing, formatting floppies, even if they
don't work on the same underlying bus.  I think this difference
should be made transparent to users.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen