GENERIC and GEOM_GPT is no good idea

From: Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:06:13 +0200
Hello,

since sysinstall crashes when there is a disk with GPT I think GEMO_GPT should
be removed from the GENERIC kernel.

I just shoot myself into the foot: In /boot.config I defined -n -d instead of
-D and so the box was unusable and I also couldn't correct my mistake because
the fixit CD didn't boot.

What I really would prefer was a fixit CD which boots to a shell instead of
sysinstall, but I haven't had a look into release how hard this would be to
do since I think many steps for disc2 are copied from disc1.

Or sysinstall gets fixed, but like Marcel Moolenaar told me there are lots of
bugs in libdisk and only sysinstall uses this library so it's unlikely that
they'll be fixed.

Best regards,

-Harry