Re: 5.3-BETA7 install cd: kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

From: Guido van Rooij <guido_at_gvr.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:31:18 +0200
It turns out this was a memory problem. Refitting the dimms was all
that was needed to 'solve' the issue. The weird thing is that
1. The BIOS had memtesting enabled and did not complain
2. W2K seemed to install ok (though I never let it hit the disk)
3. FBSD would repeatedly crash at exactly the same spot.

I am beginning to wonder if we should have a boot option that enables
a thorough memtest from within the kernel...(e.g. boot -m).

-Guido