Re: BETA7 sio "options CONSPEED" not working?

From: Willem Jan Withagen <wjw_at_withagen.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:18:30 +0200
Emanuel Strobl wrote:

>Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2004 22:48 schrieb Willem Jan Withagen:
>

>>Emanuel Strobl wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I recompiled a kernel with options conspeed=115200 but console still has
>>>9600 set, also defining "std.115200" in /etc/ttys doesn't change the
>>>login consoles speed.
>>>
>>>Am I missing something?
>>>

>>I remember trying all kinds of things too.
>>
>>I've got:
>>BOOT_COMCONSOLE_SPEED= 115200
>>BOOT_COMCONSOLE_PORT=   0x3F8
>>CONSPEED=115200
>>
>>in /etc/make.conf
>>

>Correct, in make.conf it works, but "options CONSPEED" has no effect at all
>(on i386 with BETA7 from today)
>Also getty flags in /etc/ttys doesn't make any difference. I can set it to
>whatever I want I only get the hardcoded speed in make.conf
>
>At least the last thing must'nt happen. If options CONSPEED doesn't work
>(anymore) conf/NOTES should be adopted.

Well, at my end things are sort of independant...

If I mess up /etc/ttys I do not get a login-prompt. But I'm still able
to debug
And I do need to specify

CONSPEED=115200

in de kernel-config otherwise I'm not getting any booting/debugging info (at the right speed). I know this because I started a new kernelconfig from scratch and forgot to add this statement => no ouput. So I rebuild with the option added => boot output.

--WjW