Re: 5.3-RELEASE TODO

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:59:38 -0700
Scott Long wrote:
>  |------------------+-------------+----------------+----------------------|
>  |                  |             |                | Apple's Darwin       |
>  |                  |             |                | operating system has |
>  |                  |             |                | fairly extensive     |
>  | Merge of Darwin  |             |                | improvements to      |
>  | msdosfs, other   | Not done    | --             | msdosfs and other    |
>  | fixes            |             |                | kernel services;     |
>  |                  |             |                | these fixes must be  |
>  |                  |             |                | reviewed and merged  |
>  |                  |             |                | to the FreeBSD tree. |

I believe this is done.  I looked into this before 5.2 and saw that the
main difference was support for the dirty bit.  trhodes_at_ merged those
changes and bde_at_ did some cleanup.  At this point, I don't think there's
a major msdosfs diff between the two.

As for the other stuff, sure, it's great to keep trying to merge stuff
from Darwin (and NetBSD, and OpenBSD, and DFBSD, ...) but I don't think
that kind of general wish should be a TODO.

-Nate