Re: Stable panic on shutdown: swapoff: failed to locate N swap blocks

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:17:00 +0400
On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 01:11:45PM -0400, David Schultz wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > N of blocks can be different.
> > Can't provide full debugging trace yet, excepting this one:
>
> The traceback won't be very helpful in this case because this most
> likely indicates a swap leak that happened some time earlier.
> What *would* be helpful is more information about your swap
> devices, any steps you need to take while the system is running to
> reproduce this, the approximate size of N, etc.

# swapinfo
Device          1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity
/dev/da0s1b        615408    41408   574000     7%

Nothing special to reproduce, it is always reproduced automatically at
shutdown.
Kernels from Aug 8 and below never do that, I see this panic constantly
only with most recent kernels (last 2 days). I not test kernels between
Aug 8 and last 2 days, so can't say anything.

N =~ 2-16

Softupdates on.

--
Andrey Chernov | http://ache.pp.ru/