Re[4]: Problems with nslookup

From: Cédric Jonas <cedric_at_virtual-globe.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:41:47 +0200
Sean McNeil> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 11:09, Jonas Cédric wrote:
>> Bonjour Sean McNeil,

>> Sean McNeil> You probably have an old version of
>> Sean McNeil> nslookup in your environment.  Do a
>>
>> Sean McNeil> which nslookup
>>
>> Sean McNeil> it should be /usr/bin/nslookup.  Any other
>> Sean McNeil> version should be deleted.
>>
>> Sean McNeil> Cheers,
>> Sean McNeil> Sean
>>

>> icarus# which nslookup
>> /usr/bin/nslookup
>>
>> I do all this, how described in UPDATING...
>> I forgot something: the only system where it fails is the one where
>> BIND9 was previously installed as a port, the 2 other ones are Ok.

Sean McNeil> Are there other differences?  Do you have
Sean McNeil> locale set the same for all?
Sean McNeil> Can you check the /usr/bin/nslookup on each to see if they are
Sean McNeil> identical?  How about trying nslookup on a
Sean McNeil> working setup with the same
Sean McNeil> /etc/resolv.conf to make sure you are
Sean McNeil> talking to the same dns servers.

Sean McNeil> All I can do is suggest some diagnosis as I
Sean McNeil> haven't seen a problem here.

Sean McNeil> Sean

Thanks you - the idea with /etc/resolv.conf was good - my nameserver
was localhost, after I change it to 127.0.0.1 nslookup stop to fail.
But if I remember correctly, I haven't this problem in the past (BIND9
from ports).
I just test it with an old nslookup binary (from ports BIND9) - there is no problem with
localhost as nameserver, this only affects the new one - something to
solve?

--
Best regards,
  Cédric.