Re: BETA7 sio 'options CONSPEED' not working?

From: Kim Culhan <w8hdkim_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:55:31 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Jon Noack wrote:

> Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>> Emanuel Strobl wrote:

> I have two machines with serial consoles running on com1.  They are
> cross-connected such that com2 of one machine is connected to com1
of the
> other.  Thus, I can "tip com2" on one machine to connect to the
other's
> serial console.  As such, I believe only the com2 line in
/etc/remote is
> required.

One caveat on the above..

If you have a getty running on both machines with the above setup
you can effectively cause both machines to hang as they each
respond to the other's login: prompts.

When fbsd is configured to provide serial console logins
it seems repeated password failures may not result in a
'backoff' of the time between login:'s

This deadlock caused the machines to become unresponsive to network
logins requiring a visit to the site.

-kim