Re: Linux ABI and permissions to /dev

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:32:25 -0500
On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 10:10:33PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Ralf S. Engelschall, and lo! it spake thus:

> | $ echo foo >/dev/null
> | bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
> | $
>
> Has anybody an idea where to search? There were no changes to devfs
> recently and the recent changes to the Linuxulator seemed harmless to me
> at the first glance...

Try it with the double '>>'.  It may be trying to truncate or remove
it because of the '>' and getting the "Permission denied" from THAT
part of the process.  Of course, I can't explain why it would start
out of the blue...   bash upgrade?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net