[WORKAROUND] Re: usb power turned off by X.org

From: Kent Hauser <kent.hauser_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:12:57 -1000
Hi,

Thanks to a note from Vaclav Rehak, I've a workaround for the USB power
problem. Removing extension "glx" from the XF86Config file solved the
problem.

I still think there's a bug in there -- possibly the UCHI register writes for
the Intel 82801DB chip inadvertently clear an extended register bit which
supplies power. A utility which queries the controller & possibly allows
twiddling of things like power would also be useful.

Thanks all for the quick help resolving this problem.

Kent