delays in 5.3x

From: Tim Aslat <tim_at_spyderweb.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:25:22 +0930
Hi All,

There was a thread a couple of weeks back concerning the delays in the
wakeup/idle routines and I was wondering if there had been any commits
fixing the problem.

I've updated via cvsup today and rebuilt world + kernel and I'm still
getting the same problem.  Things work fine as long as I'm using them,
but if I leave a virtual desktop alone for a bit, all the apps on it
appear to freeze for a number of seconds and then resume fine.  The
overall system performance is fast, but the delays are causing a few
headaches.

I'm prepared to try patches prior to committing to cvs if it helps.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim_at_spyderweb.com.au>