PPSAPI on serial port broken?

From: David Cornejo <dcornejo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:24:23 -1000
Hi,

I've just upgraded a beta 4 box to todays RELENG_5, and my ntpd is no
longer working with my Oncore M12+T.  I changed to use cuad1 rather
that cuaa1, but no luck.

I tried running ppsapitest and I get this:

ppsapitest: time_pps_create: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I tried it against ttyd1 also, but no change

It looks like it's complaining about the PPS_IOC_CREATE

Is this a bug or is this the way the sio driver is going to be?  If
so, what is the recommended alternative?

thanks,
dave c