ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAPI_IDENTIFY timed out

From: Marian Hettwer <T.C.McQueen_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:19:35 +0200 (MEST)
Hi All,

today I cvsuped to releng_5 and did the whole buildworld, buildkernel,
installkernel, installworld and mergemaster stuff.
I got 5.3Beta3 running before.

The GENERIC Kernel (as build during the update process) stops after
succesfully detecting my harddisk (ad0) with two times the message:
ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAPI_IDENTIFY timed out
ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAPI_IDENTIFY timed out

Well, unluckily I'm not able to get the OS booting, therefor I can't even
downgrade to the last BETA ...
any idea how I can get my FreeBSD booting again ?

After searching in groups.google.com and the -CURRENT mailinglist I saw that
other Laptops have the same problem, mainly IBM Thinkpads.
Mine's a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook C-1020 which was fine with BETA3 ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please CC: me, this eMail adress is
not subscribed to -CURRENT.

Thanks and best regards,
Marian

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl