Re: ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAPI_IDENTIFY timed out

From: Marian Hettwer <Mh_at_kernel32.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:49:33 +0200
Hej Randy,

Randy Bush wrote:
>>ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAPI_IDENTIFY timed out
>>ata1-slave: FAILURE - ATAPI_IDENTIFY timed out
>

> same here, just cvsupped -current on thinkpad t41
>
> remove the cdrom and it boots

can't do. As a matter of facts, I removed all screws on my bloody
Fujitsu-Siemens Notebook, but the cdrom isn't removable ...

> but then i hit other problems
>
>    Pre-seeing PRNG:
>
> and lockup

in the end. it doesn't matter, right ?
I got my FreeBSD up and running again as BETA7 ... and now, lets wait
for some patches.
I would contribute, but I'm not able to do anything in C ;)

To sos_at_ who seems to do the most stuff in ata, I'm available for testing
as soon as there are some patches around :)

best regards,
Marian

PS.: This issue is a definite showstopper for me in regards to the
upcoming 5.3-release. I hope it can be fixed before!