Re: FreeBSD 5.3-RC1 problem on IBM _at_server 325 type 8835

From: Ganbold <ganbold_at_micom.mng.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:18:42 +0900
Claus,

At 03:28 PM 10/21/2004, you wrote:
> > I followed Claus's and Scott's suggestion and
> > reduced RAM size to 2GB and
> > installed FreeBSD successfully.
> > It boots OK, however in the shell I can't run some
> > commands. SSHd didn't
> > run, said some error.
>
>Add sshd_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf and reboot.

Yes, it is there. When it is booting and tried to run sshd it says error
similar to error when run netstat.

>How much RAM does FreeBSD say is installed?

It says 8G in message log.

> > For instance when I try to run netstat it says:
> > /libexec/ld.elf.so.1: netstat: Shared object has no
> > run-time symbol table
>
>Don't know with that one.

Probably some problem related to CPU or RAM, don't sure which one.

> > RAM again and do cvsup to RELENG_5 and buildworld?
>
>Allways a good idea to cvsup and build kernel and
>world. This way you can optimize with -O2.

I will do that, however I have to install again FreeBSD on it, it is broken
again, when I was trying to remove/add RAM and boot.
I will let you know the result.

Ganbold