if_ndis with intel 2200BG

From: Will Saxon <WillS_at_housing.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:07:22 -0400
Hello,

I am having trouble getting an Intel 2200BG wireless adapter to work. I have obtained the Windows XP drivers for the card and have created/loaded the ndis and if_ndis modules. I get console messages about the capabilities of the card, etc. so I think it is being detected correctly.

However, when I try to bring the ndis interface up, change the ssid, set a channel, etc. it doesn't work, and I get one or more of the following console messages:

ndis0: Could not set channel info id = 19

I have read some reports of a kernel panic with this card and if_ndis, and also complaints of similar errors (but a working card). This card is currently not working. I have a separate atheros-based minipci card that seems to work, which I can use for the time being (probably a better card anyway).

This is on a Dell D600 laptop if that makes any difference. I am using 5.3-STABLE updated and compiled last night ~6pm EST.

-Will