Re: Weirdness in RELENG_5 on amd64

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:12:39 -0700
On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 08:46:19AM +0200, Eirik Oeverby wrote:
> my dual Opteron server is experiencing strange problems; the same I've
> been seeing since I installed it back in May.

What motherboard?  What CPU's?  How much memory?  What is your BIOS
memory interleave setting?

> Anyone got any idea? This is a 12 day old build.

I'm quite happy with yesterday's kernel after the
sys/kern/uipc_syscalls.c rev 1.202 commit.  If you were running a
webserver on this machine I would definately get this kernel fix.

> A related question: How do I make absolutely sure that kernel messages
> are output on the serial console? I'm currently not sure this is the
> case, so I don't know if I can even do anything when it crashes next
> time.

Check your /etc/syslog.conf to make sure everything you want is going
where you want it.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)