Re: 5.3-RELEASE TODO

From: Volker <volker_at_vwsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:40:29 +0200
Scott,

>  |--------------------+---------------+--------------+--------------------|
>  |                    |               |              | There have been    |
>  |                    |               |              | reports of system  |
>  |                    |               |              | hangs while using  |
>  |                    |               |              | ISDN with the i4b  |
>  |                    |               |              | ISDN framework on  |
>  |                    |               |              | SMP systems. These |
>  |                    |               |              | likely result from |
>  |                    |               |              | insufficient       |
>  |                    |               |              | synchronization in |
>  |                    |               |              | the i4b            |
>  |                    |               |              | implementation     |
>  |                    |               |              | when runnning      |
>  |                    |               |              | without the Giant  |
>  |                    |               |              | lock over the      |
>  | Reports of hangs   |               | Robert       | network stack. The |
>  | using i4b          | Needs testing | Watson       | workaround until   |
>  | (isdn4bsd)         |               |              | this is fixed is   |
>  |                    |               |              | to re-assert the   |
>  |                    |               |              | Giant lock over    |
>  |                    |               |              | the stack when i4b |
>  |                    |               |              | is compiled into   |
>  |                    |               |              | the kernel; this   |
>  |                    |               |              | has been committed |
>  |                    |               |              | to 6.x and and     |
>  |                    |               |              | 5.x. The Release   |
>  |                    |               |              | Engineering team   |
>  |                    |               |              | awaits word that   |
>  |                    |               |              | this corrects the  |
>  |                    |               |              | problems           |
>  |                    |               |              | experienced by the |
>  |                    |               |              | submitter.         |
>  |--------------------+---------------+--------------+--------------------|

I've been the initial reporter for this problem. As I've posted here a
few days ago, from my point you my change the state of this issue to
'done' as i4b now works fine again for me. (One exception: I've had some
line disconnects over the last few days, but I don't think it's an i4b
or mpsafe/Giant problem.)

I've not seen any other guy here on the list having trouble with i4b
under 5.3 so I guess nobody will shout for the state change to 'done'.

Thanks,

Volker

--
GPG/PGP fingerprint:
FF93 13A1 2477 B631 E953 06DF 4C49 ADD9 E4BF 79B1