Re: 5.3-RELEASE TODO

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:26:42 +0200
On Friday 22 October 2004 09:41, Scott Long wrote:
> |--------------+-------------+---------------+-------------------------|
> |              |             |               | More problems have been |
> |              |             | Bruce M.      | reported with the if_em |
> | if_em wedge  | In progress | Simpson       | driver. These appear to |
> |              |             |               | also be related to the  |
> |              |             |               | ALTQ code.              |
> |--------------+-------------+---------------+-------------------------|

This relates to kern/72748 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=72748 I
guess. Unfortunately, I have not seen any testers for the followup patches,
nor was the originator able to verify that ALTQ really is the culprit.

If you happen to have a T41 with mobile em driven NIC, please test it
*now* ... I guess IBM made quite a few of them, so they must be out there ;)

It seems to be a very specific problem with the T41 and/or the mobile em chips
as several people have been reporting that their em do behave nicely after
the fix in the previous TODO round.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet