Re: RFC: automated way of removing old base system files (only for a recent 6-current!)

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:48:05 +0200
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:45:58 -0600 (MDT)
"M. Warner Losh" <imp_at_bsdimp.com> wrote:

> This looks interesting.  However, it may make more sense to use mtree
> to delete this, like NetBSD does.

But mtree doesn't has an option to ask the user if he really wants to
delete those files (at least it's not very obvious if you fast-read the
man-page). Even if they are old base system files, I don't want to just
remove them without explicit permission. Better safe than sorry. But
maybe I'm paranoid (at least for files and directories, but I strongly
discourage the automated removal of old libs).

If there's consensus that we should use mtree to remove the files and
directories I will switch to mtree (so far you're the only one who
responded to this, so it would be nice of someone else would tell us his
prefered color too), but you have to write a lot more to convince me to
do the same for the libraries.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
              The best things in life are free, but the
                expensive ones are still worth a look.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net