Re: unkillable multithreaded processes stuck in `STOP' state

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:09:26 +0200
On Monday, 25. October 2004 07:19, Damian Gerow wrote:
> Thus spake Anish Mistry (mistry.7_at_osu.edu) [21/10/04 18:11]:
> : Just wanted to add a me too.  I've seen this with KMail a few days ago.
>
> And another.
>
> I've discussed this a few times (with gdb traces) a few weeks back.  I'm
> not sure how much work was done on it, but I had thought it was fixed (not
> pointing fingers, just stating my own confusion).
>
> I'd really, really like to get a web browser (that's not Opera) back.
> FWIW, I *am* using ULE, which may or may not be the problem.  And no, no
> preemption.

There has been another report of a crashed KDE application (Umbrello) stuck in
STOP on the kde-freebsd mailing list, this time on very recent RELENG_5. I'm
starting to believe that indeed something bad has snuck into freebsd
somewhere, although I still haven't seen any similar symptoms myself.

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org