Re: make buildkernel failed related to ip_divert module

From: Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:25:44 +0200
Sean McNeil wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 13:13, Andre Oppermann wrote:
>>Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
>>>For a further bit of clarification (I know, should have done this the
>>>first time):
>>>
>>>This problem is occurring with the following kernel options:
>>>
>>>options     IPDIVERT
>>>options     IPFILTER
>>>options     IPFILTER_LOG
>>>
>>>The only workaround at this time is adding "options IPFIREWALL".
>>
>>Yes, that is correct.
>>
>>IPDIVERT is a module now and you can dynamically load it just like you
>>can load ipfw (options IPFIREWALL).
>>
>>IPDIVERT depends on ipfw being loaded or compiled into the kernel.
>>
>>I have done the last step of IPDIVERT's transition into a KLD a few
>>minutes ago.  It will warn you now if you try to compile it into a
>>kernel without IPFIREWALL as well.  As a module it will simply complain
>>that ipfw needs to be loaded first.
>

> I build my kernel with
>
> options         IPFIREWALL
> options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
> options         IPDIVERT
>
> Can I now use loadable modules as well?  Will IPFIREWALL have the
> forwarding option or would I still have to specify that?

You can certainly use IPDIVERT as a loadable module.  The FORWARD option
to IPFIREWALL needs to be compiled into the module if you want to load
it as a module.  For modules options in the kernel configuration file
are not automatically included.  You have to edit sys/modules/ipfw/Makefile
instead.  Then you can load everything as module.  If you start natd from
rc.conf it will load ipdivert.ko automatically (if you have run mergemaster
to update your rc scripts).

--
Andre