Re: make buildkernel failed related to ip_divert module

From: Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:44:01 -0500
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:13:05 +0200, Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org>
wrote:

> Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> >
> > This problem is occurring with the following kernel options:
> >
> > options     IPDIVERT
> > options     IPFILTER
> > options     IPFILTER_LOG
> >
> > The only workaround at this time is adding "options IPFIREWALL".
>
> Yes, that is correct.
>
> IPDIVERT is a module now and you can dynamically load it just like you
> can load ipfw (options IPFIREWALL).
>
> IPDIVERT depends on ipfw being loaded or compiled into the kernel.
>
> I have done the last step of IPDIVERT's transition into a KLD a few
> minutes ago.  It will warn you now if you try to compile it into a
> kernel without IPFIREWALL as well.  As a module it will simply
> complain that ipfw needs to be loaded first.

Hmmm.  I'm confused now.  Up until a day or two ago, the kernel would
compile just fine without IPFIREWALL.  When did IPDIVERT come to depend
on IPFIREWALL, and why?

Or maybe I'm just *really* confused.  I thought I needed IPDIVERT for
ipnat to work, or am I mistaken?

What exactly do I need now to use ipf and ipnat?

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"