Re: fxp does not work after upgrade to latest current

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:58:45 +0400
В пн, 25/10/2004 в 21:28 -0600, M. Warner Losh пишет:
> In message: <1098564131.1064.3.camel_at_localhost>
>             Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru> writes:

> : fxp0: DMA timeout
> : fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xffff
> : fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xffff
> :
> : any clues ?
> :
> : With about week-old kernel all is ok.
>
> Uggg.  Maybe this is due to the address that is assigned to it.  I'm
> having horrible luck with your machine, no?

Not sure, I think some development glitches is normal living on -
CURRENT.

Playing with problem I have found that week-day old kernel report same
problem and them problem disappear.

Actually I can't reproduce problem now. Nothing was changed but problem
disappear. I have only one guess about problems reason:

At day when it happens I have installed fresh winXP pro, it even does
not install driver for fxp (as for many other hardware, fbsd has better
hw support out of the box :-)

And probably (I think not, but not sure) it was warm reboot after this
winXP. After some play with this winXP I've rolled back to native
notebook's winXP home with all drivers, and see problem after that only
once.

I know, this scenario sounds strange but I have no better guess why it
happens.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenchikov
vova_at_fbsd.ru