Re: Portupgrade -af question

From: Zoltan Frombach <tssajo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:35:16 -0700
I was planning to recompile portupgrade manually first. But I didn't
know/remember that it was dependent on ruby. So here is what I'm gonna do
step by step:

1. cvsup src to 5.3-RELEASE (when it becomes available)
2. cvsup the ports tree to the latest skeleton - still using the 5.2 system
3. upgrade kernel + world (including the mergmaster step, of course)
    I will follow the official updating guide step by step and very
carefully
4. double-check if ftp and http connection is still working with new kernel
5. recompile ruby manually
6. recompile portupgrade manually
7. portupgrade -af -P
8. recompile the few ports that needs special options and/or local patching

I believe this will work and will save a lot of time!

Thanks again for the help!!

Zoltan