Re: EHCI considered harmful?

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:53:45 +0400
÷ ÐÔ, 29/10/2004 × 13:33 +0100, Dick Davies ÐÉÛÅÔ:
> * Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com> [1026 11:26]:
> >
> > On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Thomas E. Zander wrote:
> >
> > >On Fri, 29. Oct 2004, at  1:08 -0700, Bruce M Simpson wrote
> > >according to [Re: EHCI considered harmful?]:

> > >Well, okay then. I was just wondering because it doesn't appear on
> > >Scott's todo-list for 5.3-R and it seems to accidently work on my
> > >box :-)
> >
> > This is my understanding of the current state of our USB ehci support:
> > ehci only works with certain chipsets. On the ones that it does work with,
> > you do not want to have a USB2 hub connected (With ehci in your config) as
> > it will not be supported. Removing ehci from your kernel lets you use a
> > USB2 hub in 1.1 mode.
>
> Just thought I'd mention that netbsd CURRENT got usb2 hub support in its echi
> driver last week. I don't know how easy a merge would be, but if anyone needs
> usb2 hub support, might be worth a look.

I have use usb2 hub under freebsd for some from September - not very
extensive, but it is works and shows usb2 speed.

ehci_pci_attach: companion usb0
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb1
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb2
usb3: EHCI version 1.0
usb3: companion controllers, 2 ports each: usb0 usb1 usb2
usb3: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0
usb3: USB revision 2.0

# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb3:
addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel
(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
 port 3 powered
 port 4 powered
 port 5 addr 2: high speed, self powered, config 1, USB Memory Stick
Slot(0x014d), Sony(0x054c), rev 1.10
 port 6 powered
#

--