Re: how 'supported' are 3ware Escalade controllers?

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:47:29 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> That being said, the critical part for me is performance and
> reliability. I have been using various 3ware cards for some time and I
> have had VERY good results with them and I highly recommend them on
> Intel platforms. (i.e I have zero experience with them on the AMD64).
> We use them on FreeBSD, LINUX and Windows.

I've had pretty good experience the 7xxx line, but would advise anyone
using them make sure they're running at the latest firmware revision.  On
earlier firmware revisions, I ran into problems with array rebuilds
aborting for reasons that seemed obscure to me at the time.  With the most
recent firmware, I had no problem at all.

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research