Beta2 spontaneous reboots under moderate load on SMP

From: Doug Poland <wisco_disco_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 05:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I'm seeing Beta2 reboot spontaneously on a Compaq Proliant DL580
with 4 CPUs.  I haven't been able to create a repeatable test
but running buildworld with a make or two running in ports is
enough to trigger it at some point.  I don't see anything in
/var/log/messages and haven't been at the console to witness
the event.

Don't know if this helps but the overall load has been at or
below 1 on two of the three reboots.  The third was around 2.
I thought I could force a reboot with a make -j10 buildworld
but it hammered away with loads of 4 - 5, only to reboot later
with a load of around 2.

--
Regards,
Doug