mysql on recent RELENG_5

From: Oliver Brandmueller <ob_at_e-Gitt.NET>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 03:34:24 +0200
Hi,

I see a little problem with either mysql-server 3.23 or 4.1.3 on a
RELENG_5 as of about 12 hours ago:

mysql runs fine so far, but as soon as I do not connect by socket, but
by network on localhost (127.0.0.1) the mysqld dies by sig11 (and is the
restarted automatically by the wrapper).

I tried ULE and 4BSD, I tried a mysql 3.23 from package. I tried
compiling 3.23 and 4.1.3 (did not try 4.1.4 which just arrived at the
ports a few hours ago) "just plain", with BUILD_OPTIMIZED, with
WITH_LINUXTHREADS defined and saw now difference. I also changed
libpthread to libc_r by libmap.conf and had no difference.

I'm currently a bit under pressure to get things running (I need MySQL
for Nagios, this means I could live without it), so I just want to know
if anyone else can reproduce this behaviour? If you have a similar setup
it's enough to just telnet to port 3306 on localhost, if you see mysqld
closing the connection at once and see in the mysql log that the server
has been restarted because of a sig11 then you see the same thing. Well,
if everything works for you I'd be interested in working out the
differences of our configs.

Thanx, Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |