Re: No keyboard with Gnome and X.org

From: Esaltato <esaltato_at_tele2.it>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:24:19 +0200
Jeffrey Racine wrote:

>Hi.
>
>This is caused by the XKB config in your old XF86Config... look for a
>line with something like XKB86 (I dont' recall exactly which, but it is
>in the keyboard def), delete it, and restart...
>
>-- Jeff

I wonder if you read messages. Not only I clearly stated that I have a
xorg.conf file, but I even wrote:

I followed the UPDATING hints related to gnome and xorg, so I rebuilt
the 2 needed libraries x11-toolkits/libwnck and x11/libxklavier.
I _haven't_ got the line

Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"

Please READ the message next time. And please, answer to the mailing
list, so that maybe others can benefit. Thanks.