Re: mysql on recent RELENG_5

From: Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd_at_jdc.parodius.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 06:16:08 -0700
I agree, opening another bug report on this probably wouldn't do much.
However, the only places I've seen it mentioned are here on -current.

ports/70889 is also for the alpha architecture, which may (possibly?) be
seeing a different error message depending upon what sort-of code is
being generated.

I don't "mind" having to use CPUTYPE as a workaround (I'm glad there's
one at all!); I'm mainly worried that the MySQL folks will begin claiming
that "FreeBSD isn't suited for MySQL" because of this problem, or
something along those lines.  There's enough public misnomers as-is
about MySQL on FreeBSD (even a few on the official MySQL site).

I'm more than happy to test patches or give someone access to our 5.x
SQL box if they want to try and track this down.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |