Re: mysql on recent RELENG_5

From: Oliver Brandmueller <ob_at_e-Gitt.NET>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:18:14 +0200
Hi Scott.

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 08:51:51AM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> I've built MySQL 4.0 server & client from /usr/ports several dozen times
> over the past month with many different options and I've never had a
> problem and have never had to set CPUFLAGS in make.conf.  This is on a
> Pentium-4 system.  Mabye I'm missing something here?

Building and running the mysqld works just fine, you can connect with no
problems through the socket. But did you also try to connect through the
network, something like:

mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u root -p

? This crashes mysqld (which is then restarted by the wrapper). You get
an error logging in and in the log of MySQL you find something about
sig11.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |