Re: xorg & KDE 3.3 startup issues in 5.3 BETA3

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 04:11:20 +0200
On Tuesday 07 September 2004 03:15, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> Xorg doesn't do the ignoring, kdm does.
>
> In the KDM menu select 'Custom' and it will run your .xsession.
>
> I found this too, it's quite annoying :(

Well, it's a feature (having window-manager specific session types versus your
own customized session, read .xsession). I agree however it's not quite clear
that 'Custom' means 'execute xsesssion'. Perhaps you'd want to file a wish at
bugs.kde.org to include some tooltips into kdm or to rename the 'Custom'
sessiont type to xsession or whatever.

FWIW, you don't have to select it over and over at each login - the default
preselected session type is always the one selected at the last login (except
for the very first run, where it defaults to the KDE session-type).

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org