Re: BETA3 showstoppers (read: critical bugs)

From: Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:14:47 +0200
Gleb Smirnoff <glebius_at_freebsd.org> writes:

> M> > Thanks a lot.  Convenience links:
> M> >
> M> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/69133
> M> > http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?m3y8lan3ly.fsf
>
> According to your mails I have understood that removing autonegotiation
> of speed/duplex fixes the problem. Is that right?

Right. "media auto" loses packets, "media 10baseT/UTP" works well. I
wonder if there is some case of carrier detection.

If you could point me to relevant pieces of the code, I might try to dig
something up myself.

> Seems like I need to search for another xl card. The one I've got
> is an old 10Mbit Combo, it does not have autonegotiation at all.  :(

Hum, is the duplex setting manual? I've only used the 3C900 Combo for
10base2/BNC (Coax) so far. My DSL modem is hooked up to a "classic"
(=old) 3C905 via crossover CAT5.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)