Re: BETA3 showstoppers (read: critical bugs)

From: Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:16:29 +0200
Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org> writes:

> I checked the contents of .depend files for the said utilities, and all
> of them contain dependencies on ng_message.h (the one that was changed).
> I don't know what happened in your case, but everything looks correct.
> Here's what I did:
>
> 1.  A clean buildworld (with an empty /usr/obj).
> 2.  touch(1) src/sys/netgraph/ng_message.h.
> 3.  A -DNOCLEAN buildworld.
>
> And here's the complete list of things that were rebuilt as a result:
>
> ===> lib/libnetgraph
> ===> lib/libbsnmp/modules/snmp_atm
> ===> lib/libbsnmp/modules/snmp_netgraph
> ===> libexec/pppoed
> ===> rescue/ (atmconfig)
> ===> sbin/atm/atmconfig
> ===> usr.bin/atm/sscop
> ===> usr.bin/kdump (this one is getting always rebuilt with -DNOCLEAN)
> ===> usr.bin/netstat
> ===> usr.bin/truss (this one is getting always rebuilt with -DNOCLEAN)
> ===> usr.sbin/bluetooth/bcmfw
> ===> usr.sbin/bluetooth/bt3cfw
> ===> usr.sbin/bluetooth/hcseriald
> ===> usr.sbin/ngctl
> ===> usr.sbin/nghook
> ===> usr.sbin/ppp

Looks fine. I still wonder why I saw these problems until recompiling
ngctl and ppp manually. My machine has the CMOS clock running in UTC and
runs NTP 24x7, I doubt it's been clock issues. I wonder if we'll ever
find out.

--
Matthias Andree

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)