Re: Fluxbox core dump under 5.3

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:00:02 -0500
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:33:18 -0600 (MDT), Warren Block <wblock_at_wonkity.com>
wrote:

> On 5.3-beta 3, the fluxbox window manager dumps core when a different
> style is selected: right-click, Fluxbox-menu, Styles, choose any style,
> boom.  It has happened consistently with all 5.3 beta revisions.
>
> This does not happen on 5.2.1-RELEASE.
>
> I'm making world right now to get the latest version, and after that
> will be able to supply more information.  Right now, I suspect that
> someone with a debugging setup can experience it just by trying the
> above procedure on fluxbox.

It's known issue:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-August/thread.html#15234
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1005674&group_id=35398&atid=413960

The workaround is run 'ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf' to disable the memory
debug.

Cheers,
Mezz

> -Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota USA

FreeBSD GNOME Team