Re: suspend/resume panic in ACPI..

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:20:57 +0200
Nate Lawson wrote:
> Søren Schmidt wrote:

>> OK, I played a bit with it. I commented out the resume code in
>> acpi_cmbat.c (acpi_button.c and acpi_lid.c already has empty resume
>> functions).
>>
>> Now, if in single user the system comes back on resume, but it will
>> double panic in a few seconds, if in multiuser it wont come back at
>> all, backlight off and sytem locked hard.
>
> More info about the panic (i.e. message, backtrace, etc.) would help here.
>
>> In short no progress, only fix is still to backstep acpi til aug 1st,
>> then things work pretty well...
>
> Try reverting just acpi.c to Aug. 1.  Narrowing down which change is
> causing you a problem would help.

I just tried an up to date -current and its now gotten worse, even
commenting out the resume code in acpi_cmbat.c doesn help, I now not
even getting the backlight switched on and the machines are locked hard.

No debug info to be gotten, even the serial console on the ASUS is dead.

Again reverting sys/dev/acpica and /sys/i386/acpica back to aug 1 or
there abouts makes things (almost) work as intended.

-Søren