Re: PF+CARP is not yet migrated to Beta53 - some testing tools

From: sam <sam.wun_at_authtec.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:45:51 +0800
Max Laier wrote:

>On Tuesday 07 September 2004 19:54, Brooks Davis wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 12:25:48PM +0800, sam wrote:
>>

>>>I just found that PF CARP is not yet migrated to Beta53.
>>>At the mement, I will have to apply CARP patches to the src manually
>>>after installed Beta53.
>>>I think I will still rely on my own release of FreeBSD53 to enable
>>>PF+CARP for the time being....
>>>

>>Yes, that's correct.  The ABI changes required by CARP were made, but
>>it was deemed that there wasn't time to actually implement CARP before
>>5.3.  It should be in 5.4.
>>

>I hope that I have enough time to polish it for 5.4 - no chance for 5.3 (I
>think I said that whenever posting patches). Help testing! Provide feedback!
>
>Thanks!

Hi, I would like to commit to the testing. I recently purchased few P4
machines. They will be used for the testing of the PF+PFSYNC+CARP stuff.
One thing I am still looking for is some testing tools. Do you have any
suggestion about which tools I can use to test the load balancing and
redundancy control in this particular case?

Thanks
Sam