Re: poor ATA disk speed with ICH2

From: Angelo Turetta <aturetta_at_rainbownet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:38:03 +0200

This sounds a lot like thermal recalibration seeks, to me. Except it's
something modern hardware is supposed to need very rarely, if not at all...
Might be the effect of some power-saving setting intruduced in 5.x ?
(or maybe the new ATA code is actually so fast it's overheating your disks
:-) :-)

Angelo Turetta