Re: ccache support for make buildworld/make release

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_portaone.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:57:29 +0300
I have in mind extension for ccache which would allow it to be used with
buildworld. Instead of using hashed values of compiler binary size and
its last modification time, ccache should be using hash of the compiler
binary. To avoid hashing several megabytes worth image on each
invocation, compiler binary hash value can be by itself cached using
hashed values of compiler binary size and its last modification time.
Since linking the same objects from the cache is likely to produce the
same binary, bootstrap compiler generated on the second ccached
buildworld will be the same as one generated on the first one.

-Maxim