Re: 6-CURRENT Network stack issues w/SMP? (Was: Re: TreeListfailed: Network write failure: ChannelMux.ProtocolError)

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:30:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:
>
> > Using an rl-based network card, I am able to transfer data without any
> > problems. Any idea who the nge maintainer is?
>
> I'm not sure we have an nge maintainer, but I'm also not sure it's
> needed much maintenance (perhaps until now).  Bill Paul wrote it, I
> believe, however.  I'm thinking there are a couple of things we should
> try doing:

Another thing to try is to use the ping command with a large packet size
(maybe just below MTU) and relatively rapid rate to see if it reports any
data corruption.  That might help us confirm whether this is isolated to
UDP or not.

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research