help needed for vacation(1)

From: <ertank_at_softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:30:02 -0600
Hi,

I want to send a vacation notice to everybody who sends an e-mail to me. In
the mean time, I want to have this e-mail delivered in my box. I found that
vacation is on this purpose. Be informed that I am not very familiar with
.forward files.

My .forward file contains below line:
\ek, "|/usr/bin/vacation ek"

I get e-mails in my box. Problem is that my system do not send
~/.vacation.msg as a reply. If I remove "\ek, " part in the .forward file.
It just reply to mail, and I loose the e-mail sent to me.

I tried several combinations like:
 ---
\ek
"|/usr/bin/vacation ek"
 ---
"|/usr/bin/vacation ek"
\ek
 ---

None solved the problem. System either reply or deliver incoming mail to my
box. Any help is appreciated.

 --
Ertan Kucukoglu
ertank_at_softhome.net