pf not logging on 5.3-BETA3 ?

From: Hugo Silva <klr_at_6s-gaming.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:53:59 -0000 (GMT)
Hi,

I can't make pf log to a logfile on the 5.3-BETA3. I didn't have any
problems with this on 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 using the port..

I can access pflog0 and there I will see entries that are matching the
blocks, but I can't tail /var/log/pflog (empty).

I've added device pf, pfsync, pflog to the kernel, and have the following
on rc.conf:

pf_enable="YES"
pf_logd="YES"
pflog_logfile="/var/log/pflog"
pf_rules="/etc/pf.conf"

The ruleset won't load automatically either (I think it should be
pf_conf=, but /etc/defaults/rc.conf shows pf_rules ...). pflogd won't
start, if I start it by hand it won't work either (starts, exits)...

The /var/log/pflog file is there, owned root:wheel. But no entries are
being added to the log. If I try to see it like:

[root_at_evilreborn:/usr/src/sys/i386/conf]# pflog
tcpdump: WARNING: pflog0: no IPv4 address assigned
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on pflog0, link-type PFLOG (OpenBSD pflog file), capture size 96
bytes

it works (btw, i had to ifconfig pflog0 up or it wouldn't work, this is dumb)

But it won't write the blocked/logged entries to the logfile. Am I missing
something obvious here?

Please reply to me as I'm not subsribed to -current or pf

Regards,

Hugo